Reporting and Information
About Learning Assessments
The National Intelligence University is an institution dedicated to fostering a culture of continuous improvement. The University’s assessment is characterized by:
- A solid foundation in our overall mission, goals, and objectives.
- Centralized support with decentralized ownership of assessment.
- A commitment to assessing all aspects of the University, including student learning, student experiences, and overall institutional effectiveness.
- A recognition of the importance of using a combination of formative and summative approaches to assessment.
- Incorporation of assessment at different levels of the University (such as individual courses, program, and institution-wide).
- Support for using a wide range of data gathering techniques, including both qualitative and quantitative assessment measures.
- An emphasis on finding ways to capture direct evidence of success.
- A recognition that successful assessment requires wide participation by students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes
The National Intelligence University Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes describes NIU’s assessment approach and serves as a review of some of the more basic components of the NIU assessment strategy.
Most Recent Report
NIU Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes 2014-15 (.pdf)
NIU Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes 2013-14 (.pdf)
NIU Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes 2012-13 (.pdf)
NIU Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes 2011-12 (.pdf)
NIU Learning Outcomes and Assessment Processes 2010-11 (.pdf)