NIU’s Center for Strategic Intelligence Research launched a Research Fellows Program in 2003 and has since hosted between five and eight fellows per year from various intelligence agencies and the military services. All applicants must possess an active TS/SCI clearance, an M.A. or an M.S. in an appropriate field, and hold a GS-13 or above (or equivalent military grade or rank).
During the 12-month tenure of the Fellowship, participants are released from routine duties and based away from their home offices, working on their own or collaboratively on research projects. Successful candidates demonstrate an ability to be creative, think critically, and work independently.
Research Parameters: NIU Research Fellowships are aligned with CSIR’s Research Initiatives on Africa, the Western Hemisphere, Advanced Analysis, Global Futures, and Intelligence Studies. In general, CSIR Research Initiatives:
- Address issues of strategic concern to policymakers and decision makers
- Cover topics that are not given sufficient attention or are under appreciated
- Cut across traditional functional and regional issues
- Develop innovative analytic methodologies
- Build substantive expertise
- Employ innovative research design
Applications are due February 1