Nominations are required for:
All full-time study programs
MSSI programs at NGA and NSA graduate centers
MSSI/MSTI Program for Reserves
The DIA (daytime) Cohort of the MSSI/MSTI programs
Leadership and Management Certificate of Intelligence Studies program
Nominations are not required for individuals applying for part-time study in the Evening MSSI/MSTI, the Monthly Executive MSSI/MSTI, the Space-Available MSSI/MSTI, Continuing Education, or all other certificate programs besides the Leadership and Management Certificate of Intelligence Studies.
- Applicants should contact their education, training or human resources personnel to determine the nomination process for their particular organization or branch of service and to discuss deadlines.
- Nominations must be submitted by your education, training, or human resource authority to the NIU Admissions Office three weeks prior to the application deadline.
- The nomination should be written memo style on official US government letterhead or a completed US Government Standard Form 182.
- E-mailed nominations must be received directly from the education, training or human resource authority’s e-mail, and sent to email@example.com.
- Applicants for program formats requiring a nomination will only be considered for admission when a nomination is received by NIU Admissions. Please make sure you call or e-mail the NIU Admissions office to ensure receipt.